We have all been there. After spending half a day in the Disneyland park, we turn to find that we have only touched twenty percent of our to do list. You are taking a list of rides and adventures you want to experience, right? If, not – this is a must! The feeling of knowing that we might not be able to explore parts of the park that you were looking forward to because of long lines and time being an enemy on your side leave guests a bit disheartened.
Going to Disneyland is a strategic event. I for one, always plan our routes, have the Disneyland app open exploring times of our favorite rides and utilize Fastpass as much as possible. Because of this proven strategy, we always hit our favorite rides, parades and dine on our favorite meals and snacks.
However, there are some rides and events that guests should experience to get the full “Disney experience.”
Does Your To-Do List Include These Adventures?
This list is no means a must. There are some items here that can be argued. However, blending a unique way to navigate through the park, this most certainly serves as a great blueprint.
- Buy a Mickey pretzel – These delicious snacks offered as plain, cheese or jalapeño. Two a day should set the pace.
- Jedi Training – “Star Wars” fans go crazy in Tomorrowland at the sight of Darth Vader and The Stormtroopers. Take a breather and watch the little kiddies become Jedis in their own right.
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln – On a hot day it is fun to peruse through old Disney memorabilia and take a break from the hot LA sun.
- Grab a treat from Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe – The treats from this “Mary Poppins” themed eatery are so delectable. One of my favorite things to do right when I get into the park is grab a cappuccino and munch on a Raspberry Rose Mickey Macaron or a Matterhorn Macaroon as we begin our journey through the park.
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough – Most guests don’t know of the dark and haunting story of Sleeping Beauty and that you can actually tour through the inside of the castle walls. Some much of Disney culture is embedded behind the stone walls and the self guided tour immerses you into the magic.
- Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer Island – Great for people watching and relaxing. You have to shave off at least half an hour into your trip to rest your feet. Do it here!
- Main Street Electrical Parade – A favorite parade is returning to Disneyland! But, not for long! This ultra illuminated treat will bring on all the nostalgic feels. It is also a great experience for new comers.
- Meet a Fairy Friend at Pixie Hollow – Nothing quite like meeting a Princess in Disneyland!
- Ride all the Fantasy Land rides – With the exception of Peter Pan, Fantasy Land rides usually don’t boast long lines. These rides are continuously moving and at a rapid rate. TIP: Grab a Fastpass for a ride with a long line and hit up these rides while you wait. Boom! Done!
- Ride The Casey Jr. Circus Train – One of the most underrated fun adventures is this railroad attraction inspired from “Dumbo.” This adventure takes you through Storybook Land and gives readers a great aerial view of the Storybook Land castle you can’t find elsewhere.
Hopefully we have inspired your trip! Below you will find this list as a handy print and go or you can just save to your photos and use as a reference guide! Drop me a line below…what is your favorite adventure not listed here?